Setting the stage for an extraordinary future!
Newmarket's Council Priorities will act as the roadmap for continued community success through the current term of Council (2022-2026) and beyond, helping to guide Newmarket towards and even brighter future.
The five Council Priorities are:
- Community and economic vibrancy – Attracting and retaining amazing people and businesses to ensure Newmarket's long-term viability through sustainable jobs, while creating a strong and unique brand that differentiates Newmarket from other communities.
- Customer-first way of life (enhanced by technology) – Ensuring the community has timely access to services that enhance their quality of life.
- Extraordinary places and spaces – Creating exceptional experiences for the community in shared and accessible public spaces.
- Environmental sustainability – Preserving our environmental assets and addressing climate change for future generations.
- Diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community – Building a strong, healthy and equitable community where everyone feels an unwavering sense of belonging.
Read the full report below to learn more about how these priorities and planned actions will help to ensure Newmarket remains one of the best places to live in the country.
Past Council Priorities