Lorne Avenue Traffic Calming Demonstration Project
Created: Tuesday, March 16, 2021
The Lorne Avenue "Traffic-Calming Demonstration" project incorporates various techniques to lower traffic speeds. After completion, Town staff will monitor and evaluate the various traffic calming elements to determine their effectiveness.
The work on Lorne Avenue will include:
- Replacement of the watermain and water services to the property line;
- Replacement of sanitary sewers and sanitary services to the property line;
- Replacement of storm sewers and catch basins, with implementation of some Low Impact Development (LID) features to help adapt to a changing climate;
- Road narrowing, speed mitigation measures, automated speed and volume measurement devices, bike lanes and street furniture to provide a "complete street" design; and
- New Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant sidewalks and associated road features.
On March 16, a virtual public information centre was held for residents to learn more about the consturction and the details of the project. To view a copy of the presentation, please visit the Lorne Avenue Construction Project page.