Newmarket is a Provincial Urban Growth Centre, located in York Region, just north of Toronto. With a population of approximately 91 000 people, over 41 000 local jobs, great restaurants, a regional healthcare facility and much more, Newmarket is a great place to live, work and spend time.
- A diverse and competitive business environment - As a Regional Centre in York Region, Canada's fastest growing region, Newmarket's growth sectors which include Business Services, Health Sciences, Manufacturing, and Retail are thriving. Healthcare in Newmarket, employs over 3 000 people alone and employment in Business Services has increased by over 22% in the last five years.
- Below average commercial and residential taxes – In comparison with over 80 towns and cities in Ontario, Newmarket continually ranks below average for both commercial and residential taxes. (BMA Consulting study)
- A bright and promising future - We are a place with a plan. One that ensures we continue to be one of the best places to live in Canada, an accolade we are very proud of. Our Economic Development Strategy, Official Plan, Secondary Plan and Cultural Master Plan are helping to shape the roadmap to a future filled with promise, prosperity and possibilities.
- Premium healthcare – Home to Southlake Regional Health Centre, this vibrant and modern facility has garnered national recognition and is also a key driver in pushing Newmarket forward as a leader in the health sciences sector.
- Worklife balance – With the highest live to work ratio in York Region, it's really no surprise that half of Newmarket residents have less than a thirty minute commute to work each day.