Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place
The Town of Newmarket has a wide variety of recreational and social opportunities for adults 55+. While the Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place (NSMP) serves as the primary hub of programs and events, over the years we have expanded into other Newmarket facilities as well.
While at the NSMP, enjoy an activity, take a class to learn a new skill, or just have a great time chatting with friends over a cup of coffee ($1) in our lounge. Drop in to take a tour of the Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place (NSMP), located at 474 Davis Drive. Meet our reception volunteers or pick up information on upcoming programs, bus trips, and special events.
The NSMP offers a variety of social, physical, educational, and health related programs and services in a safe and enjoyable environment. Be sure to give us a call for more information. 905-953-5325
Why be a member?
Members of the Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place enjoy reduced fees for NSMP programs, bus trips, special events, and hall rentals.
Membership fees are valid for one year from time of purchase:
Membership is for those 55 years and over, or under 55 who are married to a member who is over 55 years of age. Prices are subject to change without notice. Non-members may try a drop in program up to three times, before being required to become a member, in order to continue.
Click the link below to view and download the latest online schedule.
How to Participate in Online Programs
- Download zoom (free), through https://zoom.us/. Once you are on the site, there are tutorials to help you understand what to do. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Using the schedule above, decide which classes you want to join.
- Once you know what class(es) you want, register online at https://play.newmarket.ca You can register for the entire 7-week session before it begins, or each class individually. Be sure to use the correct registration code. All registrations must be done online.
Online registration details are below.
- Once registered, your confirmation will provide you with a link to the classes you have chosen. If you have registered in multiple programs, be sure you use the link in that program's confirmation, in order to access the correct program.
- Five minutes before the class starts, click on the link within that email, or use the ID code to enter the class waiting room. Your instructor will enter the call 5-10 minutes before the start time. They will allow participants into the class, if their names are on their daily class list.
- Registration for each class cuts off at midnight the day before, so be sure to register ahead of time.
- Once you have registered, you will receive an email link to access the program.
- When you join the class, be sure to identify yourself on zoom so the instructor can mark attendance accurately. Your name must match your registration name, not simply "iPad" or a phone number.
- As you join the class, your computer audio will be muted and your screen will be turned off. Feel free to unmute at the end of class to say goodbye. It is up to you to decide if you activate your video option.
- To get the best Zoom experience, we advise you to have your screen in SPEAKER view, which will allow your instructor's screen to be the largest on your screen.
- Be sure you have enough space around you to safely participate in this class. Wear appropriate clothing, have any equipment ready to go, and water handy.
- Once the instructor starts the class, they will not be able to accept late arrivals, so sign in to zoom early.
- You can use the chat box to chat to each other or to leave messages for your instructor.
- Please do not share the link with anyone else.
PARTICIPANT DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ
Prior to starting any fitness program, we recommend that you consult with a family doctor for medical clearance. We also recommend that you exercise at your own pace and intensity. If you feel any pain in your chest, experience dizziness or shortness of breath, stop exercising immediately. Ensure that your space is clear before starting any workout, wear comfortable clothing, and proper exercise footwear and ensure you stay hydrated. We will not be responsible for any injury and/or property damage that may occur if you participate in our online workouts.
Online Registration Details
Click here for a printable step-by-step guide on how to register
Log onto play.newmarket.ca
- You will be required to use your Family PIN #and Personal Barcode # to book a time slot. All existing users/ members will have one already in our system.
What if I forget my password or log in?
- Select 'Login' (on the top right-hand corner of the screen)
- Select 'Forgot Password?'
- An email will be sent to you from 'helpdesk, quik-e-link (TBC-trying to adjust)' with your Family PIN # and Personal Barcode # for every member in your household.
What if I am a new user?
- Create an account by clicking "Create New Account" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will receive a confirmation of account activation within one (1) business day by email.
Once you have logged in:
- Click on the Programs tab under the search function
- Under "Browse for Courses" click on "Adult 55+", find the desired online class, click on the Add button to put it into your basket.
- You may move back and forth between My Basket and the Activities screen using the tabs at the top of the page.
- When you have finished, proceed to the Checkout to make a payment.
- A receipt will be emailed to you once your payment has been successfully completed.
IMPORTANT: All online registrations must be paid in full using a valid credit card (VISA, Mastercard and American Express). Any outstanding balance on your account must also be paid at this time. Any credits on your account will automatically be applied to the total balance due.
If you experience any trouble, please call the Customer Service Kiosk at 905-953-5303
Click the link below for the most up to date drop-in schedules.
Click the images below to view and download details on each event.
Check back here for our 2023 Seminars & Workshop schedules.