Here are a few common parking regulations within Newmarket
No vehicle is permitted to park:
- For more than three consecutive hours on any street except between the hours of 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. unless otherwise posted
- Within two feet (0.6 metres) of a driveway or laneway
- Within 10 feet (3 metres) of a fire hydrant
- Facing the wrong direction (on any street, including crescents and courts)
- On any Boulevard in a manner that causes obstruction to a Sidewalk or pedestrian walkway
- In a space designated for disabled persons without displaying a valid accessible person's permit
- On private property without the consent of the owner or occupant of the property
- In prohibited areas
No vehicle is permitted to park or stop on:
- Designated fire routes
- Front yards or side yards unless permitted under the Town's Zoning By-law
Winter parking regulations
- From November 1 to April 15, no vehicle(s) are to be parked on any roadway between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. so as not to interfere with the clearing of snow, regardless of whether or not there is snow on the ground.
For a complete list of parking regulations within the Town of Newmarket please review the Consolidated Parking By-law 2019-63
Parking exemptions are available through the Town of Newmarket for a fee beginning on April 16. For more information, please view our parking exemptions webpage.
A list of parking fines in the Town of Newmarket can be viewed on the Parking Fines webpage.