← Back to Property Taxes
← Back to Tax Payment Options
In order to make paying your property taxes easier and more efficient, the Town offers a variety of pre-authorized payment plans. In order to calculate the payments, the previous years taxes are divided by 10 for the first half of the year. Once the tax rate for the current year is finalized, the balance will be equally divided over the second half of the payment plan.
Payment plans help property owners save the cost of postage or special trips and line-ups to pay your tax bills. They also help to avoid late payment charges or missed due dates.
To register / cancel / or change bank information, click here
Regular 10 Month Plan – 15th of the Month – Residential Properties
Payments are withdrawn from the designated bank account on the 15th of every month starting in February and continuing to November. If the 15th of the month falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the withdrawal will be done on the next regular business day. The draws from February to June are for the Interim Taxes billed while the draws from July to November are for the Final Tax Bill.
- To be eligible for the PTP Plan, your tax account must be paid in full
- Please complete the application form and include a void cheque or relevant banking information for the withdrawal account.
- Line of credit account or credit card cheques cannot be used
- If you own more than one property in Newmarket, you must complete one PTP application per property
Cancel or Change Banking Information:
- Any changes to a plan (banking changes, or voluntary withdraws) requires at least 10 business days' notice before any scheduled withdrawal
- Changes in the amount, date or frequency of the withdrawals cannot be altered
- If you have sold your home, you must complete the PTP cancellation form and re-apply to the program with your new property information
*Important Information -
- Other charges added to your tax account cannot be paid through the pre-authorized payment plan. You must pay other charges such as water arrears separately on the due date only. For more payment options, visit Tax Payment Options
- Any payments that are returned by the bank for any reason, will be subject to a Finance Service fee and Late Payment fees, regardless of whether the payment is replaced before or after the return. The returned pre-authorized payment amount will have to be paid separately
- 1.25% interest will added on the first of each month as long as taxes or additional charges stay unpaid. If payment for the returned amount is not received as indicated on the Return Notice, the PTP will be cancelled
- To change your mailing address, please complete the online Change of Mailing Address Form