Welcome to the Town of Newmarket's Pickleball page, for all things pickleball! Check back here for tournaments, pickleball workshops and much more!
Good afternoon Pickleball Community,
As a follow up to the recent announcements with respect to various outdoor amenities reopening, including Pickleball courts, the Town of Newmarket would like to remind users that there continues to be a need for vigilance by users to maintain a safe playing environment. As such, in addition to following the posted signage, we want to kindly remind the Pickleball community of the following safety measures that will be in place until further notice:
- Singles play only
- Group sizes larger than 10 (ten) people is not permitted
- You should play only with individuals with whom you already have close contact
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 Metres) apart must be practiced
- No "organized" play (i.e. leagues, ladders, social groups) permitted. Individual recreational use only
Please note: Quaker Pickleball courts will be the only Pickleball courts open, until further notice. The
Quaker Park Pickleball courts are operational as of now.
No additional Park/Court amenities will be available until further notice including: portable nets, washrooms, picnic tables, shade structure and use of the Pickleball storage container and container contents. Please feel free to bring any equipment you feel is necessary to keep yourself and others safe while you participate in Pickleball, such as but not limited to: your own Pickleball playing equipment, personal masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes.
We are excited and anxious to get back to delivering the excellent services we know our community is greatly missing, but we can only do so in a safe and planned manner. Again, as more information becomes available, it will be shared with you. Please share this information with your Pickleball colleagues.
Please stay safe and continue practicing safe social distancing. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Drop-in Pickleball has been cancelled until further notice.
January 15 to March 25, 2020
Wednesday’s 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Poplar Bank Public School (400 Woodspring Avenue)
Maximum 24 players
Participants must provide own equipment. Participants
must pre-purchase a Tim Hortons Gymnasium membership pass to play at any Customer Service kiosk located at the Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle Street West), Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) or the Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive). For information about membership passes and fees
This program is running on a trial basis and may be changed or cancelled at any time. For more information contact 905-895-5193.
Outdoor Pickleball Courts
We have 2 locations for outdoor Pickleball:
- Quaker Park (6 dedicated Pickleball courts)
- Joe Persechini Park (2 tennis courts offering 6 temporary pickleball courts with portable nets).
Reserved times available when courts reopen.
- Quaker Park is reserved 10 a.m. – 12 noon 7 days/week during the months of May, June, & September and 9-11 a.m. during the months of July & August.
- Joe Persechini Park is reserved 10 a.m. – 12 noon 7 days/week during the months of May, June, & September and 9-11 a.m. during the months of July & August.