Date: Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11, 2022
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Lions Park (424 D'Arcy Street)
Don't miss Newmarket's one of a kind, family-friendly dog festival taking place the weekend after Labour Day. Both dog owners and lovers alike will enjoy the selection of pet-related vendors, entertainment and music. Be sure to bring your dog for the Pooch Plunge, the dog-only swim at the Peter Gorman Outdoor Pool ($5 per dog).
Please check back for additional event details.
If you are interested in participating as a vendor at the New'bark'et Dog Festival, please complete and submit the vendor application form by Monday, August 8, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. All vendors must be dog or pet related to be considered.
In Partnership with:
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please apply online in August 2022 at www.newmarket.ca/volunteer
Not sure what a lure course is? Watch a video from Dog Lovers Days to see if your dog would have fun! No pre-registration required. $5 per dog.
On Sunday, September 8, a photographer will also be on site if you want a professional photo of your dog running the course ($20).
Would your dog like to participate in the dock diving competition at New'bark'et 2019? Register online with Aqua Dogs here: https://aquadogs.org/events/newbarket-september-7-8-2019/
- Dogs should remain on leash at all times except when inside the fenced off-leash area or inside the pool enclosure for Pooch Plunge. Retractable leashes are not acceptable.
- Handlers are responsible for their dogs at all times including stooping and scooping.
- If a dog begins acting aggressively towards others (both people and other dogs), it may be asked to leave the event.
- Only dogs are permitted in the water at Pooch Plunge. No humans.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person of at least 16 years of age or older in both the off leash area and Pooch Plunge.
- Limit of 3 dogs per handler.
- All dog owners are subject to the Dog Owner's Liability Act (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90d16) and the Town of Newmarket's Bylaws (http://www.newmarket.ca/TownGovernment/Documents/2016-53%20Animal%20Control.pdf) .
- Have fun!
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at this event. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our partners and friends.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation details of Town-run outdoor events call 1-877-PLAY936 on the date of the event, 2 hours prior to the start time. For more information please contact 905-895-5193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.