Summer Camp Application Dates:
- Camp Coordinator & Camp Director – Applications Open NOW OPEN!
- Jr & Sr Camp Counsellors & Jr & Sr Inclusion Facilitators – Applications Open December 4, 2023
We are always searching for energetic and talented individuals to join our team and contribute to our community. Our job opportunities are a perfect way for you to gain valuable work experience and learn new skills.
The Recreation & Culture Department run two big hiring campaigns throughout the year. The Year Round Hiring Campaign opens in June with positions starting in September for a 10-12 month period. The Summer Campaign opens in December for positions exclusively over the summer months.
Each campaign offers a wide range of opportunities in various programs areas, such as:
- Arts & Culture
- Special Events
"I have been employed by the Town of Newmarket's Recreation & Culture Department since 2017, where I initially began my journey as a Summer Camp Counsellor and an Program Instructor during my high school years. As soon as I turned 16 and obtained my National Lifeguard Certificate and eagerly joined the Aquatics team! The extensive operating hours of Recreation programs allowed for a flexible schedule that catered to students like me who aimed to gain hands-on experience in various tasks while actively engaging with our community. This experience not only enabled me to forge lifelong connections and friendships but also empowered me to balance my educational pursuits alongside my professional growth."
- Samantha Maratta, Aquatics Program Coordinator
Are you looking for a Part Time Job to fill in the gaps of your busy life? Look no further! We offer a variety of roles that can vary from 1 to 35+ hours per week! Apply to all roles you are interested in!
Year round positions are a great way to gain experience on a Part Time basis while also giving back to your community and working with a group of likeminded individuals!
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
- Assistant Instructor/Deck Attendant
- Deck Supervisor
- Youth Centre Monitor/Director
- Program Instructor – Preschool, Youth, Children
- Fitness Instructor
- Drop In Facilitator
- Inclusion Facilitator
- Community Events Assistant
- Fitness Attendant
- Personal Trainer
"Summer Camps have taught me so much throughout the years – how to communicate, lead teams and grow my confidence. When I started out as a Camp Counsellor in 2015, I had no clue that I would flourish into becoming a Camp Coordinator in 2023."
- Cam Birss, Camp Coordinator
Join our Summer Camp Squad! We offer a variety of opportunities exclusively for the Summer months:
- Summer Camp Positions (Trainings in June, shifts in July and August)
- Aquatics Positions (Trainings in June, shifts in July & August)
- All Recreation & Culture positions require a Vulnerable Sector Check or a Declaration of Monitors – Working with Vulnerable Individuals Forms if you are under the age of 18. These must be completed at your own expense and be submitted before beginning work.
- All Recreation & Culture positions require a current certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level "C". You do not need this certification at time of application, but it must obtained prior to your first day. The Town of Newmarket offers a variety of courses. Please visit
- Aquatics positions require additional certifications. Please see
Aquatics Leadership Path for more details. You do not need this certification at time of application, but it must obtained prior to your first day. The Town of Newmarket offers a variety of courses.
newmarket.perfectmind.com for options.
Depending on the position, addition certifications may be required. Please review each job posting for all required certifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal training opportunities
- Gain valuable facilitation, leadership and organizational skills
- Supportive team environment
- First hand customer service and problem solving experience
Apply for a job via the current opportunities section of our webpage