For current programs and drop-in sessions, safety protocols and how to register please click the tiles below:
- telMAX Indoor Skate Park - Age Specific Drop In Sessions
- A skateboard helmet, multi-sport helmet or hockey helmet is required. (Not permitted: Bike helmets)
- Scooter, skateboard or roller blades are permitted.(Not permitted: Bicycles, longboards, penny boards, 3-wheeled scooters, and RipStiks)
Click here to view permitted Skate Park Equipment
- Gymnasium - Age Specific Drop In Sessions
- Private Skateboard and Scooter Lessons
- Multi-Purpose Rooms - Pre-Registered Programs
- Lobby Games – Ping Pong and Pool
The Recreation Youth Centre & telMAX Indoor Skatepark will be open with extended hours on the days below:
- Friday, September 22, 2023 (1 – 3:50 p.m. – 2011 & Younger)
- Friday, October 20, 2023 (1 – 3:50 p.m. – 2011 & Younger)
- Friday, November 17, 2023 (1 – 3:50 p.m. – 2011 & Younger)
PA Day Camps Also Available:
Click here to register for PA Day Camps
The RYC offers small group lessons for all skateboard and scooter riders of any skill level
Click here to help decide which level to start with:
Skateboard and Scooter Lessons 101
We offer Private Skateboard and Scooter Lessons for any skill level.
Please note: any Private Lesson can be converted to a Semi-Private Lesson. For more information please contact
905-953-5300 ext. 2828.
Are you looking to gain a new skills, certifications or meet new friends? Join us for one of our Leadership Courses!
- Counsellor in Training Course
- Leader in Training Course
- Babysitting Training Course
- Home Alone Program
NEW! HIGH FIVE: Principles of Healthy Child Development
Click here to register online for Leadership Courses
The Town of Newmarket has a volunteer program for youth looking to gain experience working with children and developing their leadership skills. Volunteers are on-site at the Recreation Youth Centre, are not included in program ratios, and volunteer their time to provide staff with extra support throughout the session. If interested in applying for our volunteer program, please download the application and email the filled in copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link below to download the fillable volunteer form:
Check back in the Fall session for our After School Sports Programs.
Do you want to stay active, meet new friends and learn new sports skills? Come join us for one of our Sport Programs!
Tuesday - Soccer
Wednesday – Ball Hockey
Thursday - Basketball
Friday – Dodgeball
Click here to register online for After School Sport Programs
A. Pre-registration is not available for our drop-in sessions. You are welcome to use the facility in your age-specific time slot.
Q. Do I need to reserve my spot ahead of time or can I show up onsite?
Q. What is the cost of a drop-in for the Gym & Skate Park?
Skate Park – $5
Gymnasium – $1
Q. Do you sell passbooks anymore?
A. Yes! Multi-Visit Passes are available at the following prices:
10 Gymnasium Passes – $7
10 Skate Park Passes – $33
Q. Are Spectators Permitted on site?
A. Yes, spectators are permitted to remain on site in designated viewing areas