Updated October 22, 2021
Commencing the week of Monday, October 25th, the Town of Newmarket Recreation and Culture Department will begin to safely increase program participant and venue capacities, in accordance with the Provincial Government announcement on October 22, 2021.
Also commencing on October 25th individuals will no longer be required to pre book their time for the Fitness Centre and Tim Hortons Walking Track. Aqua Fitness, Group Fitness and Swimming Program pre registration requirements will be addressed in the coming weeks.
All individuals 12+ will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status* and identification in accordance with Provincial legislation. Proof vaccination and ID screening will still be conducted on site at the entrances of all Town facilities.
For more details about the Town of Newmarket screening process and the information residents are required to present at facility and event screening desks, please refer to the Media Release here: COVID-19 Newmarket Updates
Questions? Please visit our FAQ page for further information: Affected Services and Frequently Asked Questions (newmarket.ca)
*Fully vaccinated means all individuals must have proof of two doses of a Health Canada Approved Vaccine or one dose of the Jansen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine plus a two-week waiting period from their last dose.
For more information about recreation services and amenities, please contact Customer Service: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-895-5193.
For current fall programs and drop-in sessions, safety protocols and how to register please click the tiles below:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person programs and events hosted by the Town of Newmarket will follow all guidelines released by the Ontario Ministry of Health and York Region Public Health. We are dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment for all staff and participants.
Welcome back! We are excited to once again offer a variety of Youth, Skatepark, and Gym Programs and Pre-Registered Drop Ins.
Important Dates and Information:
Pre-registration for all drop-in programs will be available 8 a.m. the Sunday prior to the week you wish to participate. I.e. Registration for the week of September 13 drop-in programs will be available Sunday, September 12 at 8 a.m. at play.newmarket.ca
- Registration for Private Lessons and the CIT Program for Newmarket residents opens Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Registration for Private Lessons and the CIT Program for Non-Residents Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Indoor Skate Park – for daily pre-registered drop ins
A skateboard helmet, multi-sport helmet or hockey helmet is required.Scooter, skateboard or roller blades are permitted. (Not permitted: Bicycles, longboards, and RipStiks)
Gymnasium – for daily pre-registered drop ins
Private Skateboard and Scooter Lessons – Starting in October
Fall 2021 Drop-In Schedule:
Age Conversion Chart
Click the link for a printable Age Conversion Chart
12 Years and Under||
|2004||16 to 17||X||
|2005||15 to 16||X||
|2006||14 to 15||X||
|2007||13 to 14||X||
|2008||12 to 13||X||
|2009||11 to 12||
|2010||10 to 11||
|2011||9 to 10||
|2012||8 to 9||
|2013||7 to 8||
|2014||6 to 7||
|2015||5 to 6||
|2016||4 to 5||
|2017||3 to 4||
Withdraws, Cancellations and No Show Policy
- If you cannot make your scheduled time slot one (1) day, in advance you can log back into your account and withdraw yourself from the scheduled session/class. A credit will be applied to your account.
- For cancellations on the day of your session, please notify us by emailing email@example.com with CANCEL in the subject line or call 905-953-5120.
- Cancellations received with less than 2-hour notice will be considered late and will be considered a no show.
No Show Policy
If you fail to attend your reservation and do not cancel within 2 hours of its start time; the policy will be as follows:
1st No Show - An email will be sent to your attention by one of our Staff Members to advise you of our cancellation process and no show policy.
2nd No Show - Your account will be frozen and reservations will be not permitted for one (1) week.
|Tues. – Oct 12 – Nov 2||5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||$95.00||135429|
|Thurs. – Oct 14 – Nov 4||5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||$95.00||135431|
|Sat. – Oct 16 – Nov 6||1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||$95.00||135784|
|Sat. – Oct 16 – Nov 6||2:45 – 3:45 p.m.||$95.00||135786|
|Tues. – Nov 9 – Nov 30||5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||$95.00||135432|
|Thurs. – Nov 11 – Dec 2||5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||$95.00||135433|
|Sat. – Nov 13 – Dec 4||1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||$95.00||135785|
|Sat. – Nov 13 – Dec 4||2:45 – 3:45 p.m.||$95.00||135787|
|Thurs. – Nov 11 – Dec 2||4:15 – 5:15 pm||$95.00||138961|
|Thurs. – Nov 11 – Dec 2||5:30 – 6:30 pm||$95.00||138962|
|Thurs. – Nov 11 – Dec 2||6:45 – 7:45 pm||$95.00||138963|
|Sat. – Nov 13 – Dec 4||4:00 – 5:00 pm||$95.00||138964|
For additional Private Lessons options, please call 905-953-5300 ext. 2828
Are you interested in preparing to become a successful camp counsellor? In this course you will learn program planning, games and resources, behaviour management strategies and more. Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification included. This course includes a 6 week in class portion, plus a weekend for Standard First Aid and CPR-C, followed by a volunteer placement, for successful candidates, at a Town of Newmarket Camp (Winter Break or March Break). Placements will be coordinated on site with the Program Instructor based on your availability.
|Tues. Oct 12 – Nov 16||5:30 – 8:30 p.m.||135401|
|Saturday, Nov 6||8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||135401|
|Saturday, Nov 7||8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||135401|
Q. Do I need to reserve my spot ahead of time or can I show up onsite?
A. All spots will be for reservation online only. Please reserve your spot online prior to arriving to the Newmarket Recreation Youth Centre & Skate Park.
Q. What is the cost to use the Skate Park?
Skate Park Sessions: $5 for Members, $6 for Non-Member.
Gymnasium: Free for Members, $1 for Non-Members
RYC Memberships: $18 for Residents/Year, $38 for Non-Residents/Year
Skate Park Passes:
|10 Passes||$40 ($4 each)||$48 ($4.80 each)|
|20 Passes||$75 ($3.75 each)||$90 ($4.50 each)|
30 Passes||$105 ($3.50 each)||$126 ($4.20 each)|
|100 Passes||$225 ($2.25 each)||$270 ($2.70 each)|
Please Note: Online registration must be done to reserve your spot, upon arrival you may use passes or complete payment.
When can I register for a time slot?
Registration will open on Sundays at 8 a.m. for the week following.
Are Spectators Permitted on site?
1 spectator per rider can remain in the lobby onsite in a designated seating area. Each space will be cleaned and disinfected between sessions.
- Participants and spectators will be required to complete a COVID-19 Screening Click here to do the screening prior to entering the facility. Participants will need to show the green checkmark page to the staff at check in.
- If a participant fails the screening, they will not be permitted into the facility.
- Face coverings are required upon entry to the facility. Face coverings can be removed only removed during physical activity.
- Identified entry and exit points as indicated by signage and markers must be followed.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing will be posted.
- All participants must follow the number of riders per element outlined within the park.
- For the safety of everyone, anyone not following rules or staff direction will be asked to leave.
- Facility will close between timeslots for cleaning of high-touch points, washrooms and spectator areas. All participants must leave the building during this time.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available at the entrance and accessible throughout the facility.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Washrooms are open for emergency purposes only.
- Water fountains will be available for bottle filling only.
Assumption of Risk
The Town of Newmarket in collaboration with York Region Public Health, continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Users of the Town of Newmarket facilities, buildings and/or amenities are reminded that the facilities, buildings and/or amenities are open for use at your own risk. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any Town of Newmarket facility, building and/or amenity you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage, and possible exposure to a communicable disease including COVID-19. We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities including the York Region Public Health Unit, Ontario Health and Public Health Agency of Canada
We welcome our
community's feedback and input and would love to hear from you on what programs / activities you would like to see offered by the Town. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Stay up-to-date on the latest Town updates by following @TownofNewmarket on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and visit Newmarket.ca/COVID19.
Questions? Should you have any questions, please contact Customer Service by phone at 905-953-5303 or e-mail at email@example.com. Customer Service is available Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be program disruptions, changes and facility closures. We continue to offer alternative ways to serve the community. Learn about Newmarket's approach to reopening and for current information and resources. For any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.